“Cronuts” are a deep-friend croissant that is filled like a donut. People are lining the streets of New York City to pay $5 a pastry for these bad boys. Whether you call them a cronut or a "doissant", these are super fun to make.
Behold: the DIY version.
What you need:
2 cans Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups heavy whipping cream
Instant pudding mix: strawberry, chocolate or caramel
If frying: Vegetable oil, candy thermometer
If baking: 1/3 cup butter, melted
There are two ways to make these delicious treats: frying or baking. If you choose to bake them, be sure to roll the dough into 1/3 cups of melted butter then the cinnamon/sugar mixture prior to baking.
How to prepare:
1. Separate biscuits
2. Cut a hole in center of biscuits
3. Flatten biscuits about 1 ½ inches
4. You can choose to fry or bake these donuts:
-If frying, use about 2 inches of oil and heat to 325 degrees according to a candy thermometer.
To make filling:
1. In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip cream and instant pudding mix until firm
2. Place mousse in a pastry bag
3. Fill the donuts or circle the mousse on top of the pastries once cooledPin It