The pairing of gingerbread and lemon is something that is super close to our hearts. We have many fine memories of our Grandma Lola pulling gingerbread out of the oven and serving it with lemon sauce.
Here, we incorporate the two flavors in a new modern way! Watch the video of Lindsay making this dessert on "Winging it, Buffalo Style" last week!
What u need:
Gingerbread cookie dough (click here for the LP recipe)
Philadelphia cheese cake filling
Mini cupcake pan
2 or 3 inch circle cookie cutter
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Roll out the gingerbread 1/4th of an inch thick.
3. Place circles into tin, pressing dough in place.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Be careful not to overbake.
5. Let cool completely and remove from tins.
6. Place cheesecake in pastry bag and cut off tip about an inch.
7. Pipe cheesecake into the gingerbread cup.
8. Sprinkle lemon zest on top of cheesecake.
9. Finish with a garnish of mint leaves and cranberries or raspberries. Pin It