Our dearest friend, Natalie, was kind enough to share with us her grandmother's biscuit recipe from Kentucky..... We added some bacon and cheddar cheese to make the top notch brunch player!
Recipe after the jump!
-2 cups self-rising flour
-1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
-1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream plus 2 Tbsp
-2/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (around 6-8 strips)
-2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-2 Tbsp cream (to brush the tops)
-3 inch biscuit (circle) cookie cutter
-Fried egg (for sandwich)
1. Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
2. Sift sugar and flour in a large bowl.
3. Add cream and mix just until moistened.
4. Add cheese and chopped bacon.
5. Onto a floured surface, turn the dough out and pat out ½ to ¾ inch thick.
6. Cut out 3 inch biscuits and place onto lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly.
8. Cut biscuits in half and serve with fried egg.Pin It